jueves, 13 de diciembre de 2018

Just a story

I want to share with you a fictional story that I wanted to write while I was inspired, it's called: "Mom".


I was alone on the scene. My tremors became completely noticeable for the public. I knew that in any moment I would collapse and the medicine would stop being in my body.


I remember when I was diagnosed, the first thing I said to my mother while crying bitterly was: "I want to do theater." I had that dream since I saw "The Wizard of Oz" together with my mother when I was 5 years old.


She was a saint. While I was losing my conscience and making my situation worse, she took care of my food, my needs and my desires. She little by little had my same desire and enthusiasm for the performing arts, she even got more excited about it. Every time I went down, she encouraged me to practice my scripts, To goe up and train my facets, and when I used to scream that I couldn't.


But there was a moment in which the house began to remain silent, the colors that my mother made shine began to turn gray. She had had cancer in my childhood, and it seemed to have returned with much more strength. I left my problems aside to take care of her, but we both fell slowly into our agonies. A nurse imposed by the government did what she could for both of us, however, she got worse faster than me. I stopped attending the theater rehearsals, I put aside that dream to be with my mother. Her time was running out, and I didn't want to leave her alone.


My disease worsened and my attacks were almost daily. The same day that the doctors gave me a medication that would disguise my problems, they put my mother in ER. I stayed with her all night, and before her little eyes stopped seeing me, she said: "Remember our dream, I love you, my actor". She smiled, squeezed my hand and then it went cold. You have no idea how much I cried ..




Here I am, alone on stage. With the fear that Parkinson's control me again. I'm feeling it, it's coming. But the show must continue. For her.




For you.


Mom

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario